On Friday, February 22, 2019, Biomeme co-founder Max Perelman joined Dr. Daniel Beiting (Assistant Professor of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania) on the Knowledge@Wharton Business Radio series “The Business of Animal Health.”
Topics discussed during the February 22, 2019 episode included:
- A layman’s explanation of real-time qPCR
- How Biomeme fits into the larger diagnostics space
- How portable diagnostics can impact veterinary medicine
- How veterinary medicine intersects with human health: One Health
- How Penn Vet is using the Biomeme platform right now
- How portable detection can be useful for monitoring things that aren’t disease-causing, but which could also impact health
You can listen to the entire episode (26:37) by clicking the play button below.
About the Show
Listen to Knowledge@Wharton Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 12 PM EST on SiriusXM channel 132.
K@W Business Radio is a daily, call-in business interview program, broadcasting live from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania's historic Ivy League campus. Host Dan Loney goes behind the headlines with world-renowned Wharton professors, distinguished alumni and expert guests.
Are you interested in running your own real-time PCR test using the Biomeme platform? Check out our full suite of end-to-end real-time PCR products - from DNA and RNA purification to running a test at the point of sample on a hand-held PCR thermocycler to finally analyzing your real-time PCR test results - here.
Do you need to take your assay into the field, but you don't see an existing test on our website? We offer an open platform for quick on-site real-time PCR - you bring the primers; we’ll bring the master mix. Contact us to develop your assay for the Biomeme platform here.